Sunday, November 30

I <3 My Family

Last night we have a large family dinner. Extended family / Adopted family included. As much as my aunts can drive me crazy, they weren't so bad last night. Diane gave me a drink, and Mishy was cool with it. It was nice to not have drama for once.

I had lots of fun playing cards with my friends / cousins. I hadn't done something with my cousins in a concentrated setting in many years. I use to be so close to them before my father left and destroyed the family life we were going for. I use to go to my aunt Laura's house every weekend, and the whole family was always there. Bryan, Elon and I would play outside. It's funny, I don't really remember springs or summers growing up. I remember a few little times at the beach, but no reoccurring themes. But boy do I remember the Fall. Every year, we would do family football get togethers. So many times I remember Bryan and Elon torturing me outside whether it was throwing me into the leaves, chasing me with bugs.. or whatever else they felt like doing.

I want to say I was around 8 when all that stopped. There were a few other times we all hung out, but not like that. It was cool, even though they still drive me nuts a little... okay a lot, but still. We had fun.. or at least I did.

I am honestly shocked I enjoyed myself seeing as I have a horrible cold, I just got my braces on, and I have a cold sore that almost takes up my whole chin... okay that was an exaggeration, but it's still a big one. I honestly could hardly eat. I had stuffing and mashed potatoes, and that was all. It was some really good stuffing though.. and I know my stuffing.. maybe someday when I'm really bored I'll explain that stuffing comment, but not today.

I felt like death this morning but today didn't turn out so bad. Since I had like, 5 coughing fits during the meeting, I spent a considerable amount of time in the bathroom. I talked to a few different sisters that I probably wouldn't have talked to otherwise. It was nice to talk to different people.

I was able to talk my mother into taking me to the store to buy me a book I was very interested in. As much as I'd love to tell you all about it, I feel like the only way for it to be as crazy and interesting for you, is if I show you simply the information I got to begin with.
The blog I just linked you was linked to me by an ad on a random site. I was watching a show, and a commercial came on with just Hannah's first tape. I was very interested in what it was, so I went to the blog. If you're going to listen to them, do it in order, or it won't make sense.

No comments: